Jojo was curious about the decorations. "Why did they hang up all those things?"
"It's going to be Chinese New Year soon," I replied. "That's why they're hanging up all those decorations."
Jojo thought for a moment. "I don't want to visit any Chinese restaraunts on Chinese New Year."
"Why not?"
"Because I don't want to see any scary dragons."
I then remembered that Jojo was nervous with the lion and dragon dances she saw last year when we brought the kids to the city. So I decided to try some creative parenting. "Don't worry," I assured her. "It's the Year of the Cow this year, Jojo. So there won't be any dragons."
Jojo considered this and replied, "I still don't want to visit any Chinese restaraunts."
"Why not?"
"Because I don't want to see any scary cows."
Hehe ... Jojo is so cute ... maybe her fear is not the cow or dragon to Chinese culture, as it is not something she is familiar.
ReplyDelete