This conversation happened during dinner.
Cynthia: JoJo, we're going to mummy's friend's wedding this Saturday.
JoJo: Why?
KK: Mummy's friend is getting married and you can see her wearing her pretty, white wedding dress.
JoJo: (excitedly) I want to get married!
Cynthia: (amused) Who do you want to get married to, JoJo?
JoJo: (ponders for a while) I don't have any friends to get married to!
KK: That's okay, JoJo. You'll find someone who'll be your best friend, and then you can get married!
Cynthia: Yeah, someone like Daddy.
JoJo: I want to get married to someone like Daddy!
KK: (smiles) That'll make daddy very happy indeed! Now, finish your dinner, JoJo.
JoJo: But I want to get married!
Cynthia: (firmly) JoJo, you haven't eaten enough.
JoJo: (adamantly) But I want to get married now!
KK: (sighs) Alright, JoJo. You can get married after dinner, okay?
JoJo: Okay! (proceeds to finish her dinner, and thankfully didn't remember to ask about getting married again.)
Children nowadays ... we think we could outsmart them coz we're the adults ... but they promptly learn how to outsmart us all the time.
ReplyDeleteBut they are simply adorable while they are at it (not to those who have to entertain them of course).