Our beautiful dumb cat Allie died on Wednesday 21st October of kidney failure. She was found collapsed in a neighbour's backyard and was brought to RSPCA. We didn't know her whereabouts until RSPCA contacted us. Thank goodness Allie is microchipped with our contact details. By then she was already dying and had no energy to eat / drink. The vet adviced that we not prolonged her condition and that we were kinder to make the decision to put her down.
I went to see her body and cried quite a bit. Still miss her although in the past few years, she hardly hung out with the family much. She was always too scared of the kids.
We had a mini memorial service for Allie this weekend so that the kids can say goodbye to her. Jojo felt really sad. She did like Allie and will miss her high-pitched mews and soft soft fur.
Unfortunately, psycho cat Sheeba still lives on. Sheeba is Allie's mother. She doesn't seem to show any grief or remorse. Jojo asked how come Allie died first before Sheeba. I too had the same question! : P
Very sad to hear this Cynthia! I know how hard it can be to have to give up a loved cat, and it must be tough on the kids. I recently had to give up a street cat we had been caring for for years. He was really ill, so it must have been a relief for him. I still miss the familiar face in the garden, since he had taken refuge there these past few months.
ReplyDeleteDo u still have your other black cat?
ReplyDelete